- Barker: Yes, 223; no, 29
- Lewiston-Porter: Yes, 1,968; no, 714
- Lockport: Yes, 1,089; no 1,211
- Newfane: Yes, 875; no, 344
- Niagara Falls: Yes, 1,329; no, 694
- Niagara-Wheatfield: Yes, 665; no, 191
- North Tonawanda: Yes, 1,083; No, 387
- Royalton-Hartland: Yes, 537; no, 262
- Starpoint: Yes, 736; no, 516
- Wilson: Yes, 378; no, 175
So the question begs: Where is the outrage over the massive tax burden that the people of this community bear, a tax burden that is most heavily driven by school taxes? Supposedly people are fed up. I read it on the blogs, I hear it on the radio and I see it on the news. People are sick and tired of the bloated bureaucracies that their school districts have become. Districts that continuously add personnel while enrollment drops. Districts that reward their administrations with massive golden parachutes.
So what is the message that nine of the 10 districts send? Good job, keep taxing us to death - we're okay with that.
Me, I voted "no". Congratulations to the 1,210 fellow Lockportians who joined me in sending a message to the school board and the district's administration, even if in the overall scheme of things it doesn't change the budget, that we are sick and tired of your taxing us right out of our homes.
As for the residents of the other nine communities, well, all I can say is don't fucking complain about your taxes if you can't get off your lazy asses to do something about it.