So Bob Roberson is once again suing Niagara County for what he says he is owed from the Sewer District, in the neighborhood of $18,000. Why does it seem this law firm just won't go away. For those of you who don't remember, Roberson is partners with one of our very favorite attorneys, Eddie Shoemaker. Their legal billings in the Town of Somerset are the stuff legends are made of.....legend in the fact that the public was never actually able to see detailed bills.
Actually, those opposing Roberson should be leery. I'm not claiming there is a direct link, but consider the following facts:
1) Dan Engert, a Niagara County Sheriff, was overwhelmingly elected to the Somerset Town Board last year.
2) Engert immediately begins questioning the Town's legal billing procedures and has several heated exchanges with Bob Roberson.
3) Suddenly, Engert is on the end of an ethics complaint at the Sheriff's department filed by another sheriff's department employee (this ethics complaint was summarily dismissed but not before Engert had to answer several press inquiries.)
4) Turns out this sheriff's department employee is married to someone who works in the County Clerk's office in Lockport.
5) And who is the Deputy County Clerk in charge of the Lockport office....well looky here, is Wendy Roberson, Bob's wife. And it turns out the two families vacation together.
Bet you never read those details in the Buffalo News or Niagara Gazette.
There probably isn't a link, right? Sometimes these things just happen, especially in small county like Niagara.
But I'm glad I'm not the one opposing paying Bob is $18K.