The undersigned wish to announce their grave concern at the recent development of political factions in Niagara County. Historically the County has been impacted by its various political parties which have run candidates on issues supported by those parties. Now it appears that it is individuals with agendas and not the political parties that control the issues.
In the recent past, that system has broken down, with the Republican party, run by Senator George Maziarz and the Niagara County Republican party Chairman, Henry Wojtaszek, among others, preempting political discourse and attacking candidates in their own party with whom they don't agree. Clear examples of this are the Republican attacks against Wright H. Ellis in Cambria and John Sweeney in Somerset.
The Maziarz - Wojtaszek group has also compromised Democratic candidates, naming their own slate of Democrats who, when elected, caucus and vote with Republicans, at the direction of and in support of the interests of Maziarz and Wojtaszek.
This is harmful, destructive and deliberate activity by the Maziarz-Wojtaszek machine. The result being that the interests of residents of NiagaraCounty have been subjugated to the interests of their special interest politicians, Maziarz and Wojtaszek. Some examples are:
- the AES PILOT with its huge cost to NiagaraCounty taxpayers;
- the fiasco of dealing with Niagara Power and County power coalitions resulting in losses of millions of dollars to County residents and taxpayers and resulting in lawsuits by aggrieved parties;
- the attack by Maziarz and Wojtaszek against the integrity of Town Government by attempting to usurp the power to Town sewer and water services by attempting to transfer those functions to Niagara County politicians and their political allies;
- taking control of the Independence and Conservative parties in NiagaraCounty;
- the use of State funds and grants to foster the interests of Maziarz and Wojtaszek and not to the betterment of NiagaraCounty, its local governments and its business community.
To stop this political virus from destroying NiagaraCounty, we are asking for your support for the following candidates in this year's election, all of whom are dedicated to bringing sanity back to the County:
WRIGHT H. ELLIS, SUPERVISOR, TOWN OF CAMBRIA
JOHN E. SWEENEY, JR., SUPERVISOR, TOWN OF SOMERSET
RICHARD LANG, SUPERVISOR, TOWN OF ROYALTON
Return Niagara County to its people by electing these candidates who are independent of and opposed by the Maziarz-Wojtaszek machine.